Your privacy matters to Kids Doctors, so whether you are new to Kids Doctors or a long-time user, you can learn about our privacy practices below, and contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Our Privacy Notice explains:
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use and share that information.
- The choices we offer regarding your information.
- The measures we take to protect the information.
Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of information from you when you visit or use our Services. The information may be stored on the device you use to access the Services and on our servers.
- Account and Profile Information. When you create an account, we may ask you to provide your name, phone number, address, email address, password, date of birth or age, gender, and other identifying or demographic information. You may optionally add to your profile your primary care physician's name, your health insurance and other payment information, and information about your current health and medical history, such as current and past medical conditions or concerns, laboratory tests and results, previous medical records, treatments, medications, and information regarding your physical activity. If you are using the Services on behalf of your children, you may be asked to provide such information for those children.
- Monitoring and Usage Data. We collect certain information through your use of the Services, such as the local time, time zone and geographic location of your use of the Services.
- Notes, Tags, and Voice Memos. You can also optionally add notes, images, videos, and similar content to your medical profile, including information such as symptoms, activities, diet that are relevant to health.
- Third Party Services. If you choose to connect the Services to third party services such as diagnostic devices, we may request your permission to access health-related information from them, such as heart rate BPM, blood glucose, oxygen saturation, sleep analysis, diastolic blood pressure, systolic blood pressure, weight, and height.
- Mobile Device Information. We you use our Services, we receive information about your device, such as its model and operating system version.
- Customer Support Inquiries. If you contact us directly, such as when you contact our Customer Support team, we will receive the contents of your message or any attachments you may send to us, as well as any additional information you choose to provide.
- Payment Information. When you make payments through the Services, you may need to provide your shipping address and financial account information, such as your credit card number, to our third-party service providers. We may also receive and store transaction identifiers and summary information about your payments through our Service.
- Cookies and Related Technologies. When you visit our Services or open our emails, we and our third-party service providers may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information collected in this manner may include IP address, browser characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, operating system version, language preferences, referring URLs, and information about the usage of our Services.We may link this data to your profile. You may be able to change browser settings to block and delete cookies when you access the Sites through a web browser. However, if you do that, the Sites may not work properly. Ouranalytics service providers may also collect information about your use of other websites and online services over time, if those websites and online services also use the same service providers. We may use Google Analytics similar services to collect and process certain website usage data. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To Provide and Improve the Services. We use information to provide, evaluate, and improve the Services, including to facilitate consultations with healthcare providers; to provide you with reports based on analysis of your health-related information; to analyze our products and their usage to enhance and improve our existing Services; to develop new products and services; to manage our communications; and to perform accounting, auditing and other internal functions.
- To Communicate with You. We may send you emails and push notifications to your mobile device if they are enabled, to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, and other Services-related purposes.
- Process Payments. We use your information to facilitate transactions, deliveries, and payments.
- Marketing. We may use information to provide online advertising on the Services and to send you offers, surveys, and other promotional information we think may be useful or relevant to you. Where required under applicable law, we will obtain appropriate consent to send you marketing communications. You may opt out of email marketing by using the unsubscribe link in a marketing email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Analysis. We analyze the information we collect to provide our products and services, such as personal reports to you. We may also de-identify and/or aggregate information, and use and disclose it for business purposes (for example, to provide beneficial health-related data such as statistics and trends to Kids Doctors affiliates and our partners).
- Compliance with Legal and Other Requirements and to Protect Rights. We may use information to protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities. We also may use information to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies.
- HIPAA Compliance. We may use Protected Health Information as permitted or required by HIPAA and in compliance with our agreements with providers or their business associates.
Information We Share
We may disclose the information we collect about you as described in this Privacy Notice.
- Your Healthcare Provider. You may choose to communicate with healthcare providers through the Services. If you engage a healthcare provider to provide services to you or your children through your Kids Doctors, we will share any health information and accompanying images, videos, and notes you have provided with such healthcare provider. We will also share your name, date of birth, gender, and related personal information, and your insurance information. Your healthcare provider may use this information to submit claims to your insurance companies for healthcare services provided to you or your children. Your healthcare provider will handle any data it receives through the Services in accordance with their own privacy policies. We encourage you to read their privacy policies, and we are not responsible for providers' activities with respect to the information they receive through the Services.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers we use to help us provide the Service. Examples of these vendors and service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide analytics and web hosting services. We require our vendors and service providers by contract to only use or disclose the information they process on our behalf as necessary to perform certain services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. When Protected Health Information is shared, such vendors and service providers will be bound by appropriate confidentiality and security obligations which include business associate contract obligations as required by HIPAA.
- Members of our group. We may share your information with any members of our group, which includes our affiliates, subsidiaries and branch offices, to which it is reasonably necessary for us to carry out the above-mentioned information processing purposes.
- Third Party Services. If you permit the Services to connect to third party services, with your permission we will share the limited health-related information with them such as your heart rate BPM, height, and weight. If you connect your Kids Doctors account to a third party application or device, you may be asked to share your information with that application. We will not share your information without your permission.
- Advertising partners. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
We may work with third party advertising partners to show ads for our Services that we think may interest you after you visit our Service. These third party partners collect information from you when you visit our Services and other online services. Where required under applicable law, we will request your consent to such collection and use of your information. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from us and our advertising partners who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations. Links to those sites are here:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Legal and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; comply with the law, including HIPAA; or protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), such assets likely will include the data we retain. We will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
- Other Disclosures. We may disclose your information in other ways when we have your consent to do so.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect about you.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and be informed about the information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your information, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. Your rights to your information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection of your information. Note however that if you exercise your right of blocking or deletion, if you decline to share certain information with us, or if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionalities of the Services.
Your rights in connection with the information we collect about you may vary based on whether such information is Protected Health Information, as defined by HIPAA, and whether you have chosen to share that information with providers and technicians. Our ability to provide you with the ability to access, amend, update, or delete certain information or to discontinue a certain data use or disclosure may be limited by our obligations under HIPAA and under the agreements we have with providers. We may also direct you to contact your provider to access, amend, update, or delete information stored in the Services.
If you receive promotional messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the opt-out instructions contained within the message. Even after you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services. You may turn off push notifications through your device settings.
You may contact us as indicated in the 'How to Contact Us' section of this Privacy Notice to exercise your rights and choices to your information. If we provide you with access to information, we may require you to pay a fee to meet our costs.
You may also contact us to:
- Stop the sharing of your information with a specific provider;
- Request information about any disclosures of your information that we have made;
- Update your email preferences or ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists; or
- Submit another type of request.
You may terminate your account at any time by following the procedures detailed on the Services or by contacting customer support at email@example.com. Note that we may be required to retain your information as necessary to comply with our HIPAA obligations or other obligations under applicable law, and the agreements we have with providers. We will continue to use de-identified and/or aggregated information, as permitted under applicable law. You may delete our software applications to remove information stored on your device.
We may transferinformation we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA) or other region with laws governing data collection and use that differ from those of the United States, please note that your information may be transferred to countries located outside the EEA, in particular to the United States, where we are headquartered and where some of our service providers are located. Those countries may not have the same level of protection as the country in which you initially provided that information. When we transfer your information we will protect it as described in this Policy.
How We Protect Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
If you are located in the United States, we act as a "business associate" as regulated by HIPAA when we process Protected Health Information, as defined by HIPAA. Therefore, we are required to adopt and maintain appropriate physical, technical, administrative, and organizational procedures to safeguard and secure the Protected Health Information we process. We also may not access, use, or disclose the Protected Health Information except as permitted by our partners, you, and/or applicable law. We are not responsible for providers' activities and omissions, in particular, how they retain or secure their own data related to the provision of the Services.
The Services may permit you to export data to third party applications and services, such as your mobile device's email application. Such applications may not be HIPAA compliant or protect the information as is required by HIPAA or other applicable privacy and data protection laws. You are responsible for choosing to use such services to communicate health-related information.
Our Services are not directed to children, and although you may yourself provide information about your children, we do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites and Applications
The Services may provide links to other websites and applications for your convenience and information. These websites and applications may operate independently from us. Linked sites and applications may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or applications are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites' or applications' content, any use of the sites or applications, or the privacy practices of the sites or applications.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes to our information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our Services to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. Where required by law, we will seek your explicit consent to specific changes. You agree that Kids Doctors will reserve the right to occasionally notify you via email of any important changes to this Privacy Notice and/or Services agreements.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com. You also may write to: Kids Doctors, Inc., Privacy Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org